I just came across this book titled "Recall Abortion" by Janet Morana. I think it is important for us to read about abortion and how it is hurting women across USA.
This books gives details on how Planned Parenthood treats women during an abortion. The author has a good comparison.
If you are going to do a normal surgery at the hospital, you get treated "right" such as below:
1. Counseling before surgery -- you know what is going to happen. You meet with your doctor also to go over any questions. He answers them.
2. Pre-operation setup -- you know what to do -- not eat/drink, etc.
3. The operation happens -- you go under and you have the procedure.
4. Your family is at the operation to support you and they are there after the procedure usually to drive you home.
5. You get post-operative help -- antibiotics, drugs for pain, etc. to take home.
6. You go home.
An Abortion is totally different--Planned Parenthood style:
1. Little counseling--you just fill out a form to agree to the procedure.
2. You are taken sometimes to a secret location and give them your money (cash usually) up front.
3. You take off your clothes. Sometimes there is a "sedative pill" that they will get you. Some young ladies in the book reported not having anything at all to sedate them.
4. You go into a room and lay down. You only "meet the doctor" at that time. By the way, some women change their minds at the last minute -- too late -- once you have signed the forms above -- the center won't let you change your mind now. The procedure now happens and the baby is usually sucked out with a machine (and who knows how clean it is according to the book). Most women are so embarrassed -- they don't ask questions about cleanliness at this point.
5. The woman is now escorted to a recliner room where other women are recovering.
6. You are asked to get dressed an hour or so later and you get to leave. There are no painkillers and no antibiotics given out. "Good luck" kind of attitude, and no counseling.
7. By the way, you may not have anyone to drive you home -- some had their boyfriend, who insisted on the procedure, but he is now "gone" and never to return!!
The book has some interesting chapter titles:
A New Perspective on Life
Why Recall Abortion?
"Safe, Legal, and Rare?" -- Not really true as we see from above example, abortions are still not safe -- yes, legal and NOT rare. There are 40 abortions a week at one clinic quoted in the book.
"Having it all"
"Well, I had an abortion and it was fabulous"
"I'm Against abortion -- but what about cases of rape and incest?" (Actualy, bad idea--it is like getting raped twice).
"Im against abortion -- but what about life of the mother?" We can think of St. Gianna on this one-- she gave her life for her child -- isn't that more heroric?
Hard Pill to swallow -- Contraception is also abortion
"Greatest Hoax" Abortion
"Recalling a Bad Product: A Call to Action"
So, I recommend reading the full book "Recall Abortion" and there's a group the author mentions in the quotes, and people she talks to, it is called Silent No More Awareness Campaign.