As we head into 2021, you might consider a year-end review of how you are doing as a disciple of Christ in the Catholic faith. Like our health and well-being, our spiritual well-being is just as important to assess from time to time.
Here are some suggested questions to inventory where you are in your faith journey and what you should do and focus on in the coming year. May it be your guide to spiritual resolutions in the new year!
- Am I closer to God now than a year ago?
- If I am less close to God, what obstacles are getting in the way?
- If I am more close to God, what contributed most to that?
- How is my relationship with God deepening and expanding?
- How did my prayer and spiritual life change?
- How do I want my prayer and spiritual life to change in the next year?
- What did I learn about God and my faith in the last year?
- Do I remember any moments that really spoke to me from a faith perspective?
- In just a few words, how did I sense God speaking to me or working in my life this past year?
- What do I hope to learn this year about my faith -- what topics or opportunities speak to me?
- Who impacted me the most in my faith journey this year?
- What virtues have I grown in this past year?
- What virtues are opportunities I struggled with this past year?
- What sins did I overcome this year?
- What sins do I still need to overcome?
- What were my most fruitful works of service -- where did I make the most impact for God?
- What opportunities for service do I feel called to in the coming year?
- Do I feel a stirring to any good works or projects for the coming year?
- How did I companion others as a disciple in the last year?
- How did I show God’s love to those in my life this past year?
- How did I encourage my family in the faith?
- Where did I spread the good news?
- Where did I miss spreading the good news?
- What am I most grateful for that I did for God this past year?
- What am I most grateful for that God did for me this past year?
- What is my next step of discipleship in the next year?
May your New Year be blessed with many opportunities to grow closer to God and your faith, and become an even stronger disciple of Jesus.