I previously published an article about devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, whose feast day this year is June 24. Catholics are not required to believe in prvate revelations such as this one, but many faithful Catholics have practiced it for centuries.
Our main reason for practicing this devotion is because Jesus requested it in a private revelation to Saint Margaret Mary Alocoque in the seventeenth century, in reparation for our sins and for the conversion of those who don't love Him at all. As Catholic Christians, we should be concerned about consoling Jesus, who is endlessly compassionate toward us. He underwent the mockery of a trial, the scourging, crowning with thorns, ant those who spat upon Him and laughed at His claim to Kingship. And ultimately, an excruciatingly painful death on the cross was His final act of redemption. All of this was for us, to enable us to become children of God, his sisters and brothers, and heirs of heaven.
However, He loves us so much that He promised blessings to those who honor Him in this devotion.
They are listed here:
1) I will give them alll the graces necessary in their state of life.
2) I will establish peace in their homes.
3) I will comfort them in their afflictions.
4) I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, at the hour of death.
5) I will bestow abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6) Sinners will find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7) Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
8) Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9) I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart is exposed and honored.
10) I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11) Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written on my Heart.
12) I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in disgrace, now withour receiving the sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.