What is the Our Lady of Sorrows Feast and Devotion about?
It is about Our Lady's Seven Sorrows including the following:
THE FIRST SORROW - The Prophecy of Simeon...
THE SECOND SORROW - The Flight Into Egypt...
THE THIRD SORROW - The Loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem...
THE FOURTH SORROW - Mary Meets Jesus on the Way to Calvary...
THE FIFTH SORROW - Jesus Dies on the Cross...
THE SIXTH SORROW - Mary Holds the Life Less Body of Jesus in Her Arms...
THE SEVENTH SORROW - Jesus is Laid in the Tomb...
Graces for doing this devotion:
The Blessed Mary promises the following amazing graces granted by her Divine Son for all those who daily pray Hail Mary’s while meditating on each of her seven dolors (sorrows) and tears.
1. I will grant peace to their families.
2. They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries.
3. I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
4. I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
5. I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
6. I will visibly help them at the moment of their death—they will see the face of their mother.
7. I have obtained this grace from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.
What is a bereavement doula?
A bereavement doula helps mothers with loss usually infant, miscarriage or stillbirth losses.
Why bereavement doula?
Well, we want to offer a class that is gentle and praise worthy to help mamas learn about bereavement in a Catholic way which does not include abortion. A bereavement doula should be there to help mothers with this kind of support. We forget that loss is sometimes hard to go through alone. Why not have a bereavement doula to help you along the way?!
Catholic doula program hosts a bereavement doula training under title of Our Lady of Sorrows Bereavement doula and when you finish - you call yourself - "Certified Sorrowful Doula" - you work with mothers helping them with miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss.
The books for the program include "Understanding Grief" by Alan Wolfelt and "Empty Arms" by Pam V.
Testimonials of this class: "It is well thought out course invoking Mary as patron of the bereaved. Highly recommend this doula course. " J.B.
"Becoming a Certified Sorrowful Doula has been the best decision...I had been seeking a pro-life course and this is about the only one out there that respects life and does not suggest abortion in the course!" Jenni P.
"Sorrowful doula, was very well written - I only want to know more about Mary and Her sorrows now and love the connections to miscarriage." - Mary Therese.
"When I had my miscarriage, I was looking for a Catholic course to help me with grief, this was the perfect class. I am not currently doing doula work, but I felt a sense of relief taking this class." Miriam Young
This course is on sale for limited time only - you can purchase as stand alone for $125 plus fees or $75 with adding on another course!
Go here to REGISTER and become a "Certified Sorrowful doula" today: http://www.catholicdoula.com/bereavement-updated.html
Also, if you are a doula and want to register for our special Bereavement doula directory - go here: https://ourladysmantledoula.weebly.com/doula-directory.html