More and more of the population is becoming prolife. On June 24, 2022, the infamous Roe vs Wade ruling was overturned, making the laws on abortion go back to the state level. The federal government could no longer overrule a state wishing to make abortion legal.
The ruling was both a victory for prolife advocates and a challenge as the battle now turned to the states. While this truly was a win for unborn babies in the nation, not every state would have the power to fight their more local governments. States like California and Massachusetts are far too liberal and continue to kill babies every day. Prolife advocates still have their work cut out for them.
We continue to push the prolife agenda which is to make abortion unthinkable, support mothers everywhere, and instill a value of life as God intended. In this effort, the March for Life is holding their 50th march this week, Friday, January 20th, with expo events starting as early as Wednesday.
Marchers and prolife advocates and supporters everywhere are confronted with arguments in favor of abortion. It’s all under the guise of “choice” but what choice does the unborn baby have? What it really comes down to is whether or not the unborn baby is a human person with rights. While science has proven the child to be human, psychology and philosophy argue on his/her personhood.
Herein lies the arguments which many supporters haven’t the ammo to fight. In light of this, Respect Life University is here to help! Camille Pauley, president and CEO of Healing the Culture, gives short, tangible videos to help bolster prolifers’ arguments as to why life is valuable and abortion is evil. They are called Truth in 90 Seconds and are just that.
How Can You Help?
- Check the videos at Respect Life University and see if your stance on life can find a little more ammo against the evil views of the secular world.
- Participate in the March for Life taking place this week in Washing D.C.
- Pray for prolife advocates, supporters, businesses, and their mission.
- Pray for mothers discerning abortion and those around them (so they receive support for life, not death.)
- Check out your local parish and prolife factions and see if there’s more you can do to support at your own local level.
- Write to your local government and push for prolife votes to come from your state and local communities.
Whatever your level of support, the war wages on and the ammo is more tangible than it used to be. Let’s continue to rally, on D.C, online, everywhere. We need to make killing children unthinkable and replace that with supporting and loving both mothers and babies.