"And do not be afraid, for behold, I am with you always, unto the End of the Age!"
A while back I posted this the other day...
This is the major doctrinal history since the Church converted the Empire:
300 - 600 : No Trinity or Incarnation, in part or in full
1000: No Supreme Apostolic Successor
1500: No General Apostolic Succession or Tradition
1700: No Scripture
20th Century: No REASON (no rational thought, like relativism, or atheism)
There are no other sources of truth than these, so we are back to pagan Rome, square one: godless, dark. Also, the process is logical; as regards truth:
Trinity or Incarnation >
Supreme Apostolic Successor >
General Apostolic Succession >
It is profound. As you go down the list, the sources have less and less certitude of truth to them. But the evidence for each source as legitimate increases. So it is an inverse relationship: the stronger a source of truth, the weaker the evidence to support it. See: The Strongest Treasures of Catholic Truth rest on the Weakest Foundation of Evidence: Apocalypse 10
The book of Revelation provides a perfect metaphor in Apocalypse 10. The angel holds a scroll and shines like the sun; this would be very appropriate imagery for the truth.
He places his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the earth. The right is biblically the stronger. And the sea is a completely weak foundation. Hence the strong source of truth rests on the weakest evidence. And with the left foot, or the weaker foot, on the earth, which is a strong foundation, we have that weaker sources of truth rest on strong foundation of evidence. I forgot to mention that feet walk in the way of the truth, so the foot is appropriate for truth.
The trumpets come together to follow this path. Here, the Church is journeying the illuminative way; more specifically, the Seals are seen as the purgative way, the Trumpets, again, illumination, and the Vials, union.
Toward that end, the trumpets are the Church PROCLAIMING the truths of Christ down through the ages; those who do not heed her blasts of doctrinal veracity must then necessarily suffer the spiritual consequences of the rejection to the very nature and degree. Yet, through all these assaults on the truth and grace, faithful Catholics will be protected by the Seal in their forehead, their mind, which is guarded by the Church's spotless teaching, keeping the intellect from the harm of error. And the graces of the Church in the fullness of the sacraments have kept the faithful ones able to make the works of their "hands" righteous, the Seal in the 'hand."
But, again, all those apart from the Church will be harmed in one way or another by the false teachings and loss of grace.
" After these things, I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that they should not blow upon the earth, nor upon the sea, nor on any tree.  And I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, having the sign of the living God; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,  Saying: Hurt not the earth, nor the sea, nor the trees, till we sign the servants of our God in their foreheads.  And I heard the number of them that were signed, an hundred forty-four thousand were signed, of every tribe of the children of Israel." Apocalypse 7
"And do not be afraid, for behold, I am with you always, unto the End of the Age!" Acts 1, the Ascension
The Trumpets then evolve as follows, with fairly straightfoward correlation
1) Attack Trinity and Incarnation in PART:the preliminary Trinitarian and Christological heresies before Islam: the fire balls from heaven can indicate an attack on heaven, or God, hence, the Trinity and Incarnation.
2) Attack Trinity and Incarnation in FULL: Islam, the great mountain burns and is cast into the sea. The Catholic Church was a great mountain in Daniel 2, so this great mountain of the second trumpet can symbolize a great religion that causes spiritual harm: Islam, which is now the most populous monotheist religion in the world.
3) Attack Supreme Successor in FULL: the Great Schism. The waters turn bitter: the East is bitter toward Peter, the special one, like Cain was bitter toward Abel, or how Joseph's brothers were jealous of him.
4) Attack ALL Successors and Tradition in PART: Moral fall of the Bishops in late Middle Ages. The luminaries light the way, just as the lights of the Church are the priests and bishops, who teach and preach, the primary ones. The darkening here is not in voice but in deeds: morally, they are giving scandal.
5) Attack ALL Successors and Tradition IN FULL: Protestantism, which unleashed a fury of spiritual warriors, locusts, going out to convert the world. These fiery preachers had anger and indignation in their battle cry, against the sinful bishops. They presumed their own salvation, but preached to cowering souls who did not trust Rome and tortured them for "five months", five dimensions of spiritual torture for each of the five sacraments they deprived their victims of, the five sacraments that only the priests and bishops can give. The cowering souls, not sealed by God in the forehead, that is, not having the protection of the Catholic Church in their mind to keep them from doctrinal error, could only suffer uncertainty and anxious confusion from the countless mutually conflicting, scary formal heretics. If they had had the Church, they would have had her teachings to guide them infallibly and the aforementioned five sources of grace to afford them relief. See: Theology of the Body Extended: Jesus' Crucified Hands and the Sacraments Part I , Loaves and Fishes Revisited: Honest Protestantism does not Give Spiritual Peace
6) Attack Scripture in FULL: the Age of Supernatural Death and Solo-Ratio, the Merely Natural Way: the incomprehensible confounding of Christianity in Protestantism led to a rejection of the supernatural dimension of religion and an acceptance of only natural existence: reason alone, human effort alone. This "killed" a third of man supernaturally, i.e, Enlightenment, Deism, Rationalism, French Revolution, Masonry, the Sciences and the Philosophies.
20,000 x 10,000, the number of troops, finds an adequate meaning in the sacramental discourse of the five loaves and two fish: "Lord, even with 200 days wages, we could not afford to feed even a little to these people." If we extrapolate along the lines of how Jesus tends to hyperbolize, we could say this:
Phillip would ask, Jesus, even with 200 days wages we could not feed all these.
Jesus would respond, Amen, Amen, I say to you, Phillip, as my Father has declared that a thousand years are as a day, and a day as a thousand years, so then, on your own power, if you should labor for not 200 days but 200 thousand years TIMES a thousand years, you would never be able to feed my children of what they truly need even a little, which is the food from above!
Yet 200,000 x 1000 is just 20,000 x 10,000. The connotation is, if 200 thousand thousand years of natural labor can never earn or attain supernatural grace or revelation, so this mystical number of warriors necessarily robs its victims of supernatural existence, kills them supernaturally: "and by these plagues were a third of man killed." See also, The Unforgiving Servant Parable, All of Human History, the Enlightenment, and More (What the?!) [It's all in the Numbers!]
7) Attack REASON in FULL: the Secular Apostasies of 20th Century: Atheism in East, Relativism in West. The beast and false prophet, the utter darkness, the two horns of the false prophet:
The Lamb of Apocalypse has seven horns, which can be the seven sacraments, the power of His redemption. the devil takes the two left to heretics and twists them into the two horns of the false prophet that are like a lamb. Baptism and Marriage, two fish. These two sacraments summarize all goodness: Baptism, faith and repentance, or knowing and loving God, in this life. Marriage, knowing and loving God forever in the next life, the heavenly wedding banquet. When the devil then turns these sacraments that summarize all good upside down, he creates the summary of all evil; the world asks for two fish, and the devil, the worst of all fathers, the father of lies, returns two serpents [‘and the second beast had two horns like a lamb, but spake as a dragon [serpent]”]:
Anti-Baptism, No faith, no repentance, believe as you wish, do as you wish, and you will be fulfilled.
Anti-Marriage toward God: do not live for the heavenly marriage to your CreaTOR in the NEXT life, but for superficial, figurative intercourse with the creaTION in THIS life, or materialism. See also: Sacramental Ecclesiology in the Loaves and Fishes
These have been the apostasy of our age, and of any age of sin in human history, in the Divine Plan. It necessarily means no reason, since even reason testifies to monotheism and natural law. We live in a time when even deists and rationalists would be astonished: I "consider" myself, or "identify" with, a 70 year-old, tall, slender Asian woman, even though I am 25, white, and short and stocky. Men do not believe in God, against reason, which testifies to monotheism, or believe God can be whatever you want, which nullifies objective truth. All principles of the Decalogue, that deists and rationalists would tend to uphold, are gone: no veneration of authority, abortion, euthanasia, slander, gossip, bullying, gluttony, drugs, all sexual sins, greed, fraud, etc.
Through all these trials and desolations, faithful Catholics have been protected by the seal in their forehead and hand, their intellect protected from heresy, and their hearts guarded by the sacraments. But all those apart from the Church have been harmed in one way or another by the false teachings and loss of grace.
"And do not be afraid, for behold, I am with you always, unto the End of the Age!"